Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Boy Who Fell Off a Bridge

you
dated her
she was
the sound
 to your step
the shine
to your smile
o my dear
poor baby couldn't handle it
let you go

running
to me
gave you alternative music
you ran with it
you worshiped me
all-knowing
till
i spun
distracted
tangled
in my own mess
sent you flying
scream-o music
my darling boy

wanted
to mosh
be violent
worship the devil
(if there is such a thing)
"NO!" I screamed
from behind bullet proof glass
"DON'T GIVE IN!" my words left no mark
as you scrambled to be a stero type
fell in line like a blind lemming

No caring look
just vacant fog
no longer enchanted by my smile
those conversations gone
the Stoner girl in my place
I'd throw a blunt off a bridge
let her fall
just to get you back
so I could have my best friend
to talk to
one last time

No comments:

Post a Comment