Monday, February 7, 2011

Black Butterflies

I like the way
you touch me
your not afraid of me
like all the others
I don't know what part of me you see
I just hope you share the good feeling
that i feel
the same little butterflies
small enough that i can still look you in the face
Fast enough that they tickle apart of me
that i put away
My butterflies are black
there's no hope for me
Because i'm the Queen of Cold
They're black because i refuse to surrender
Still,
I like the way you hold me
and make the butterflies dance
a little forbidden dance
Hold me tight
As i fight
the erg
to say something i know i will regret
I hope you're smart enough to guess
And know that the black butterflies are free
But you still haven't melted me
completely
Don't try to keep them in a jar
But in your heart
Yes they are butterflies
But they're black all the same

No comments:

Post a Comment