Friday, September 7, 2012

Demons of the mirror

everyday
i see myself
to many times
to count
and i remember
myself
but not REALLY myself
puking
eyes red
lips dry
stomach bloated
a mirage

every time
i tred
i feel
my knees pop
in and out of place
and remember
the little girl
with long hair
down her back
run
run
running
away from Fat
no matter how bad it hurt

i hear songs
taunting chants
that remind me of my Love
twice gone and never to return
once because Mia
my gorgeous Mia
could not coexist with such
adoration
and second for the sports that picked up the pieces
forced me
back into health
yet all else lost

everyday
i look
i see
i feel
i hear
my own demons
wailing
they cling to me
grasping
and i carry them
on my back
from class to class
will i ever be set free
of the burden
the burden of my demons
destruction
creation
DEMONS
demons
Demons
of my own mind
the kind you never what to admit
but they're mine.
all mine.
demons do not exist without a mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment