Friday, July 13, 2012

the truth of the matter

the truth of the matter
is i loved
what we had
till i felt like
it went bad
u called
i came
in our secret place

the truth of the matter is
you made me feel dirty
your love
seemed to blow away
the moment you'd come by
I wasnt sure
i was'nt used to
being needed
being wanted
being counted on
that took me over the edge

the truth of the matter is
i left
you said dont go
you let me pass you by
and you never came
i left
you didn't do
what either of would have thought you'd do

the truth of the matter is
i need someone
anyone
to constantly care
to be there
the truth is he's not you
no
no
nope
not the eyes or the lips that had a sweet truth
just for me
but something is better than nothing
especially since you won't come back to
this
and i'm not sure i would either



No comments:

Post a Comment