Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chills.

he looks at me
he won't say anything
just looks
then he'll be there
next to me
"I love you"
in a quick whisper
his hand on my shoulder
or waist
never anywhere else

thats great dad
but
why don't you tell mommy you love her this way?
Why do you look at me? with those hungry eyes?
it sends a chill down my neck

the chill
is it enough?
to feel unsafe
unsure
unstable
dirty, even?
yes.
is there proof?
do I know for sure
has he touched me bad?
No.
Not yet,
just enough.
enough to run
chills down my back

1 comment:

  1. I wish that I had the energy to write a real comment right now...

    Sweet girl, I know how you feel. I know the bad feelings before the storm. The eyes that you try to read, the thoughts you hear but refuse to listen until its too late.

    I know what its like not being able to ask for help, because it hasn't happened yet. You're safe right? No you're not...
    I hope that you have the courage to fight back. I hope that you have the ability to run far away from that man. I hope that you have the courage to speak up. Even if everyone shoots you down.

    I pray that you have the strength to deal with all this. You are so loved. <3

    Pride.Strength.Courage

    ~TinyRose

    ReplyDelete