Sunday, July 10, 2011

BroKen WinGs

I stand
ready to dance
like i used to
everyday
for hours at a time
but i can't
i feel worthless
and ugly
like i'm incapable
of stepping
my wings are failing
i can't
i'm not
good enough
graceful enough
i'm nothing to look at
so what if i know the steps in my sleep?
i could dance
but i can't
i just really really can't
i'm afraid of it
of failing
again
dancing
just the thought
of it
makes me
want to cry
so my butterfly wings
sit in my closet
my pretty skirts
made of heavy material
that i make look light
with the shinny ribbons
sit
waiting
watching me
they look
sad
and broken
they match my insides
its been months
and i can't
i can't
i can't find the steps inside
my shattered being
to lift up my wings
and try to fly
for the fear of falling forward
like every time
before

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Echo.
    Your poetry is so incredibly powerful.
    So full of raw emotion.
    It tugs at my heartstrings.
    Well done, indeed. :)
    Hope you are doing well.
    Stay positive, stay beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete