Wednesday, July 20, 2011

wearing my wings ,even if it means falling

i watched my own feet
hit the floor
with each step
apart of the song
like
my body remembered
exactly what to do
not exactly 
because there was something different
slower
more careful,graceful
it remembered the steps from the lifetime
where my body was lean and muscular
not skinny
but lean
and strong
and fast
it remembered
and i remembered
how much
i'm in love
with dancing
only
im a bad dancer
just a few contemperary courses here and there
when we could afford it
my mexican dance training
for three years
im 14
the age of a prime dancer
pointe
should be mastered
flexibility and tecnique
vital
apparently
i have 'swag' ?
the life
in my movments
is there
my free style pretty
 i've stopped dancing
for to long
i'm home
i'm ready to work
and i will wear my wings
again
soon
not yet
but soon
because
i know
that this is what i need
to be happy
i need to dance .

1 comment:

  1. Wow, well done, Echo!
    I wish I could dance, haha!
    I hope things are going great for you.
    Stay positive, stay beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete